A woman has miraculously woken up from being in a coma after 27 years—her son never lost hope and always dreamed she would recover one day!

Munira Abdulla, from the United Arab Emirates, was in a devastating car accident with her son Omar Weiber when she was just 32-years-old.

Their car collided with a school bus when they were travelling home.

Omar escaped the tragic crash with just a bruise to the head, as his mom hugged him tight to protect him just before impact.

But sadly, his mom was left comatose as she suffered traumatic brain injury. She was taken quickly to a hospital in London, where she was declared to be in a “minimally conscious state.”

Doctors told Omar she may never recover and regain consciousness, but he chose to never lose hope.

Credit: Pexels

Soon, Munira was taken to the UAE for further hospital treatment. But even after several years, she showed no signs of improvement.

Munira was fed using a tube, and was given physiotherapy to stop the deterioration of her muscles. But things still didn’t improve.

Omar was still hopeful and visited her every day, describing her as “valuable” as “gold”.

One day, something incredible happened.

The crown prince of Abu Dhabi, Mohammed bin Zayed heard about Munira’s heartbreaking condition in 2017, and offered to pay for her to have treatment in Germany.

Credit: Wikimedia

It was here where she showed astonishing signs of improvement. She received both physical and epilepsy treatment, as well as medication to enhance her drive, sleep rhythm and wakefulness.

Ahmad Ryll, a neurology specialist who treated Munira, told The National, “Our primary goal was to grant her fragile consciousness the opportunity to develop and prosper within a healthy body, just like a delicate plant which needs good soil to grow.”

Little by little, she showed small signs of recovery. One year later, a miracle happened.

Omar heard his mom say his name for the first time in nearly three decades!

Credit: The National

“She was making strange sounds and I kept calling the doctors to examine her, they said everything was normal,” he told The National.

“Then three days later I woke up to the sound of someone calling my name.

“It was her! She was calling my name, I was flying with joy; for years I have dreamt of this moment, and my name was the first word she said.”

Credit: Pexels

Fast forward to today, she can hold a conversation, answer questions and recite prayers! She even made a trip to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque not long ago.

“The reason I shared her story is to tell people not to lose hope on their loved ones; don’t consider them dead when they are in such a state,” Omar said.

“All those years the doctors told me she was a hopeless case, and that there was no point of the treatment I was seeking for her, but whenever in doubt I put myself in her place and did whatever I could to improve her condition.”

This touching story should be a reminder to us all to never give up on our loved ones, no matter how dire the situation may seem. We wish the family all the best and hope Munira continues to recover.

Credit: Unilad

Want to write for us? Get in touch at happeningnewsmedia@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.